Monday, September 14, 2009

On Afghanistan or Why the US Will Fail


Afghanistan. For many reasons, this country has mesmerised kings and empires throughout history. Everyone, from the Persians, Alexander the Great, Seleucids, Turks, Mongols, British, Soviet Russia and now the USA has invaded it. In their blinded rage for the terrorist attacks in September 11, the US unwisely invaded Iraq and Afghanistan in order not to lose face. This is of course exactly what the "al-Qaeda" wanted. A nice war or two to gain more recruits and to provide a training ground. The USA is now paying the price. I have read an interesting article stating that the number of American and allied troops in Afghanistan has exceeded the number of Soviet Red Army soldiers in the 1980s. Of course, this is not reported in the mainstream media. Can't distract people from 9/11 propaganda. Please read the article that I have linked. It contains everything that explains why the USA, like the Soviets and many others before them will eventually fail in Afghanistan.

Coming back to 9/11, notice how the Western media propagandise it for all it's worth. 3000 people died in the attack and I think no one who is sane and have any trace of humanity in their soul, will support the terrorists. Yet, why is there no wall to wall coverage of dead Iraqi and Afghanistan civilians killed by the US troops and bombs, what the Western media euphemistically call "collateral damage"? How is it that state of the art laser guided weapons miss and kill civillians? Or is it that the US military just don't care. The number of people killed as a consequence of the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is now many times the 3000 killed in 9/11. Memorials and shrines are built for the 9/11 victims but in Afghanistan and Iraq, they are just statistics. Are the "brown people" lives worth less than "white people" lives who died in 9/11? What about the people tortured by the CIA? How is it that Khmer Rouge war criminals are put on trial but Bush, Cheney and co. goes scot free? The invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan are illegal and against the UN Charter. Why is it then that countries like New Zealand and Germany sends troops there?

I have been told that our kids are being brainwashed in school on 9/11 by their teachers. There is nothing wrong with teaching them to hate terrorism as it is against the teachings of Islam too. But so is killing civilians in war. Yet blaming all Muslims for the 9/11 attack is grossly misleading. Terrorism is a dead end. It does not solve any problems and only creates more. But don't confuse terrorism with genuine resistance movements like in Palestine. In order for the Muslim world to regain its power, we need more brains not brawns. It is the scientists, scholars, engineers, doctors, lawyers, industrialists, bankers, who are the vanguard for our revival.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Salam and hello. I have created this blog to post my personal views. Some of you may know me as the creator of Waikatomalaysians.wordpress.com. I have been maintaining that blog for I think more than 2 years now and it has grown beyond the original personal website that I have started. That blog has taken a life of its own and after some discussion with some of the community members, I feel it is best if I create a new blog where I can freely express my personal views. This is to differentiate my own views than that of the rest of the community. I will start to migrate most of the recent "personal view-articles" from the Waikatomalaysians blog to this blog. I will still maintain the Waikatomalaysians blog until I leave NZ, after which it will be passed on to someone else. This I feel, is the best way forward.

I have chosen the name Roket Botol (bottle rocket) for this blog because of my, uh, "experience" with this type of fireworks, as the scars on my hands prove. I have had great fun with rocket fireworks when I was a kid, though on hind sight, I was lucky to make it alive. This blog will be more of a personal one, with a more casual tone of voice than the Waikatomalaysians blog. It will also occasionally be more controversial. I would like to keep people to still visit the Waikatomalaysians blog and not turn off anyone by my personal views. This blog is currently under construction and I will experiment with the layout for a while. So, thank you for visiting, and you are always welcome to comment.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP